I suggest the following feature ...

Use both sonar and accelerometer for sleep detection

There is currently only the option to use one or the other. I'd love to be able to enable both at the same time to make readings even more accurate!

354 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    JaredJared shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Rogier WerschkullRogier Werschkull commented  · 

Fully agree with Marcus: It is only logical that using multiple sensors (sonar, movement and heartrate) has the POTENTIAL to do even better sleep tracking. And on the battery issue: don't most people charge their phone besides their bed anyway?

• Marcus KrügerMarcus Krüger commented  · 

idea.. This option would be really helpfull! To have the movement and pulse from the smartwatch, and the breathing detection from sonar. For the battery problem i recommend to use a charger during the night.

• Petr NálevkaAdminPetr Nálevka (Developer, Urbandroid) commented  · 

+Meyer.. sonar on Smart watch would kill the battery on no time.. but we already do accelerometric breath detection on Android Wear although Sonar is more reliable here as this approach realies heavily on the position on your arm..for example position on yoru chest produces best results..

• Koh Ming YaoKoh Ming Yao commented  · 

Well, this idea is brilliant. But when it comes to my potato phone with only 1900mAh for the battery capacity, it can only stand for less than 6 hours.

• Meyer DenneyMeyer Denney commented  · 

Yes! And add smart watch support for this! Currently it appears the smart watch can only track arm movements and heart rate but many watches also have a microphone. It would be nice if you could track arm movement, heart rate AND breathing :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base