or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Nafallo BjälevikNafallo Bjälevik shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    under review  ·  Petr NálevkaAdminPetr Nálevka (Developer, Urbandroid) responded  · 

I think that this would be really hard to implement, Actions on Google do not have any way to start your phone apps from your voice commands, there is only a web service to trigger, even implementing a dedicated web service for that would also not help much as the service would need to somehow know what devices you use and where to send a Google Cloud Message for instance to trigger something.. This is something only Google knows so I believe support for this should be implemented on Google side as it was in Google Now actions (for example Sleep tracking can still be started from Google Now).. So at the moment I do not see a way how we could possibly implement this… sorry..

Here is a related technical thread:
    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/44590096/can-actions-on-google-api-open-your-app-or-show-custom-ui-besides-conversation/44593073#44593073

8 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Petr NálevkaAdminPetr Nálevka (Developer, Urbandroid) commented  · 

+Robin, shortcuts won't work :(.. with shortcuts you can only substitute long commands to short.. but "Start sleep tracking" was supported in Google Now Voice Actions and is no more supported in Google Assistent which completely dropped support for on device actions for whatever reason only Google understands..

• RobinRobin commented  · 

Hey Petr,
        Thank You for Your reply!

That's kind of sad.

But what the Google Assistant does support are "shortcuts" (at least that's the translation from german...). So I can tell the assistant:

If I say "good night" the assistant should "start sleep tracking".

I tried this one out, but it didn't work yet. So maybe that's because my phone is german and the german command would be "Schlafmessung starten"?

Greetings

• Anonymous commented  · 

It does unfortunately not work with Google Assistant, which would be quite awesome. I don't know how difficult that would be to implement but that would be REALLY comfortable to have.

• Petr NálevkaAdminPetr Nálevka (Developer, Urbandroid) commented  · 

I did not test on Google Home, but we had previously Now integration so basically telling Google Now "Start sleep tracking with Sleep" will start sleep tracking, also we support the standard start workout fitness intent and on Android Wear you can use "Start sleep tracking"..

• ZachZach commented  · 

And/Or Google Assistant

Feedback and Knowledge Base