Sleep as Android

This site has been closed. To suggest and vote on feature requests, go to forum.urbandroid.org.

This site has been closed. To suggest and vote on feature requests, go to forum.urbandroid.org.

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. 1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Shared bed Sleep Tracking feature

I've been struggling to successfully use Sleep as Android since starting to share a bed. After researching what possible solutions there are, I found one of the Sleep as Android's main competitors has a feature for two phones connecting to each other over WiFi and sharing data, allowing Sleep Tracking to work better for two people.

The Sleep as Android FAQ only suggests using separate mattresses, using it as usual for it "could work", or an external device.
      For now I will give the Sonar method a further try (I'm surprised it's not mentioned there, surely it works better for…

3 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hello, many thanks we will look into feasibility of this. But please note that in general interference from your partner should be minimal in typical setup. The signal diminishes with the quadrat of distance. Usually you partner’s movement add a little to the your genera noise..but should have minimal impact on the measurement..

• Silence alarm when on a call

I get called in fairly regularly. A couple of times my boss has called me in to work at about the same time I had planned to wake up anyway (I use alarms even on my weekends), and I've had to awkwardly scramble to turn off the alarm while on the phone with my boss. It's worsened because I use the Shake It captcha, and am certain they can hear the beeping/me trying to shake and bump the phone without blowing out their eardrums. The ability to automatically silence an alarm while on a phone call would be wonderful, considering…

6 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this should already be the case, when on call we only sound a short beep now and than instead of the full alarm. This isn’t working for you? Can you try to reproduce this send a menu – report a bug..?

• Chess move captcha

App presents user with board set for a one-move-mate. User solves for mate.

3 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Heart rate monitoring

Hi,

I really love your application, and for that reason i have got the paid version.

I am writing you to ask when will you launch the version with "heart rate monitoring" option available? I see that now it is available in beta version only and i am afraid to install it to not get errors in my sleep tracker results.
            Also i would like to suggest you some improvements if i am allowed.
            I would like you to make the app more simple regarding the details of sleep tracking, i mean as the app is now it confusing me…

3 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, many thanks for your feedback. Regarding heart rate we need to keep it in BETA for technical reasons unless we target Android 6+ only, but we will look into this..

Anyway BETA is very well tested – we have 100k BETA testers so we really cannot afford to do any serious issues in the BETA..

Regarding the other question, we already tried to make this less confusing in the past.. I will rethink this issue..

• Bathroom use

Something you can easily click when you go to and get back from the bathroom. Being an elderly female those facts become very important...even for doctors use.

6 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                1 comment  ·  Admin →
              • Goals Tab

Hi! Love the new goals option in the hamburger menu, but I think it would be awesome to see the menu option graduate to being in a tab of its own. This would aid discoverability and could potentially motivate people more. Keep up the great work with the app!

2 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Many thanks for the suggestion, we will consider this, but in fact one of the biggest complains is the app is too complex to use for newbies.. so we prefer to rather shrink the tabs in the future.

But in terms of visibility we have done the following:
                  - Goal is the first chart which opens up in the Charts screen if set..
                  - Any advice which can be improved with a goal has an improve button to create a related goal..

• Allow the Addition of Tags BEFORE Sleep

I know it's possible to edit, even on setting sleep tracking but it would be a better user experience to (at least have an option to) prompt the user to enter tags when sleep tracking is started. It makes no sense to have the user remember them all first thing in the morning.

1 vote
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • 3 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      1 comment  ·  Admin →
                    • Add notification while alarm

Can you add ability to duplicate alarm with system notification?

1 vote
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Admin →
                      • Allow OS to access alarms in Sleep

So that when I ask Google Assistant "when is my next alarm", it tells me instead of saying "actually, you haven't set any alarms". It'd be nice if we could set and access alarms through the assistant in this way, just as with the Clock app.

9 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

I’m affraid Google is getting rid of 3rd party alarm clock support from their assistant / now..

Normally this should work as we expose the alarm information to the OS, also adding new alarms should work as we implement the standard interface.

But it seems they intentionally prohibited this in the latest version of the Google app..

• A limit on the captcha timer button

I always use the QR timer, which is an excellent way to get out of bed but ever since my semi-conscious mind figured out I can keep pressing the button for an extra minute, I keep on snoozing in the morning. If there was an option to limit how many times you can press the button before it no longer lowers the volume, it would limit using this as an extra snoozing timer.

10 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Many thanks, for the feedback, this would require you to press the + button every minute to keep the alarm low on volume, I can do that in the morning? There is any option to not silence the alarm in CAPTCHA as an alternative. The problem is we don’t know how long can CAPTCHA solving take for exampel you have your QR code far away or have difficulty 5 math or similar..

• Hide NavBar on Pixel XL or devices without button running Nougat

Hiding this NavBar will prevent screen burn ins on AMOLED display.

1 vote
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)

Normally on all other Android devices navbar is hidden, but there is some vendor modification on Pixel which prevents this..we need to investigate this when we get hands on a Pixel, but the device is unreasonably expensive..

• Night owl to Lark

I am currently a night owl and wish to gradually switch my wake up time to a lark so I can wake up two hours earlier for exercise. Is there a feature I can use to help me make the change? Thank u

1 vote
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello, this is quite a complex question, some people seem to be quite flexible about there chronotype and can change it over time, some seem less flexible. This really needs to evaluated individually. Before you do any experiments I would suggest to read:
                                https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0674065859/ref=as_li_tl?ie=UTF8&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=0674065859&linkCode=as2&tag=sleeasandr-20&linkId=297ccdc6a04b2832373b0c41ca26f44f

Anyway if you want to do this practically, this is just my personal opinion what I would do if I would like to change my chronotype. I would set a weekend alarm which is only slightly earlier than I would normally wake up on the weekend. Than I would rely on the bedtime notification and go to bed so that I do increase my deficit. Than I would gradually push the alarm earlier so that it would get closer to may weekday schedule an thus lowering my overall sleep irregularity and social jatlag. This is soemthing what may be of a benefit to my overall sleep…

• Option to use phones flashlight as pee light

It would be nice if I could use my phone's flashlight or screen as a pee light.

3 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Activate groups of alarms simultaneously

Well I need more than one alarm to get awake. So I put 10 alarms on and off everyday.

I'd like to set groups to activate all alarms in a group Simultan.

4 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)