Sleep as Android

I suggest the following feature ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Autostart sleep tracking

I often forget to start sleep tracking and this is why there is a big lack of sleep data. It would be cool if you could detect if the user is sleeping in a way (noise around, time slots, regular checks all 30mins after normal sleep time). Also it could lead to higher usage of the app ;)

3,049 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    • Auto stop sleep tracking when it's obvious that you are awake and active.

The issue is on weekends when you don't have a specific time you want an alarm to go off but you want sleep tracking. When I get up I forget to stop the tracking. Then in the evening when getting ready for bed I open the app and low and behold the app is still running and I now have a 24 hour span of data which I can't edit before submitting and I now just delete so I don't throw off my statistics. It would be nice to tell the app if you are a night sleeper or day…

2,456 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Check if I'm awake!

10 minutes after you alarm goes off and you dismiss it a notification shows up (vibrates) in saying "are you awake?" In case of falling to tap on the notification the alarm turns back on and tries to wake you up again cause it knows that you have falling back to sleep.

2,259 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Determining the ideal amount of sleep based on our personal cycle time

As a rule of thumb, we all have between 4 and 7 cycles by night.

Each of those lasts around 90 min... on average.

Added together, our nights last between 6h to 8h a night, or even more.

The thing is that this metrics vary A LOT between individual.

So it would be so much better if the app makes stats about the average 1st cycle, 2nd cycle, etc...
          Then, the app would determine your personal ideal sleep length based on these stats.

Optionally, I could ask the app to wake me up only when I got 7 cycles.

At…

1,944 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
          • Improve Lucid Dreaming

Here are some useful "Lucid Dreaming" features.

[1] Dream diary. I know that actually I can write a dream into the notes, but this is not very nice for a "professional dreamer" (XD). A basic dream diary must have the possibility to enter multiple entries for night (an entry for a dream, multiple entries for multiple dreams). Every entry must have a title and a description (the storytelling of the dream). An advance dream diary should have other features: [a] Dream signs tags, separated from the already existent tags. Statistics and graphs for the dream signs. For more information about…

1,884 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
            • Automatic Sleep Detection

The general idea is to allow Sleep as Android to run in some form of low-power mode in the background at all times to detect and turn tracking on without user input. With how predictable it seems most sleep patterns are, I imagine that it would be as simple as the program detecting a sleep pattern, then backtracking previously recorded motion to the first sleep cycle. Sometimes the user may have forgotten to turn tracking on. Maybe the user doesn't know how long it actually takes for them to get to sleep, or the length of time varies on a…

1,230 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • Keep tracking and vibrate if the user falls asleep again after turning off the alarm

I keep falling asleep again right after turning off the alarm with no memory of how it happened a few hours later! I would like it of you could keep tracking for 30 more minutes and making sure I won't fall asleep again. If I stayed emotionless my watch could just vibrate.

1,139 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)

Many thanks.. I would highly recommend taking more control of your sleep schedule. For that we offer the CAPTCHA feature which helps even the greatest sleepyheads to wake up by scanning a QR code or NFC tag in your kitchen let say..

• Alarm option to automatically ring early when there is enough sleep

Lets say we have this situation:

- I went to sleep at 00:00
                  - My Alarm is set at 10:00
                  - My ideal sleep length is set to 8 hours.
                  - This alarm has "ring early when you had enough sleep" checkbox set (which is what this idea is about).

At 08:00, despite the fact that actual alarm is set to 10:00, Sleep as Android would see that I got to my ideal sleep length and would ring as soon as possible (within the first light sleep phase).

1,050 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • Fall asleep time.

Ex it took 19 min to fall asleep.

953 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE:Version 20150707 brings experimental HR support using HR enabled Wear device such as Gear Live (my testing device) or G Watch R for automatic awake detection through heart rate monitoring, initial tests seem very promising..we plan to add more devices later on..

EDIT: the latest BETA version (https://sites.google.com/site/sleepasandroid/beta-release) has a first experimental attempt to do what we can in this area, if you enable awake detection in settings>sleep tracking>awake detection. At the moment this will estimated your
                      initial awake phase from the length of the first light sleep phase. Also we will detect unusual phone position such as looking at the phone’s display – as awake states and initiate pausing. We plan to add more, such as: step counts from wearable devices or heart rate detection..

BEFORE:Hello, many thanks for this idea. Even actigraphy is great for telling deep sleep from light sleep, it is…

• Create ideal sleep schedule

Pick a type of sleep schedule you'd like to have, import daily schedule, have app develop an ideal sleep and nap plan for you.

860 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                      • Wake up time based on ETA to workplace from Google Now data

Many people have to reach their workplace in a specific time every morning.

The idea is to have a "workdays" alarm kind that can determine dynamically the wake up time based on three parameters:

- "TT": the target time to be @ the office (alarm-specific)
                        - "PT": the typical time elapsing from wake-up to departure from home (global setting)
                        - "ETS": the estimated time to reach the workplace (from Google Now data)

, where the wake up time "WT" could then be calculated with the following formula: WT = TT - ETS - PT

The concept could be generalised and…

818 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                        • Post-wakeup monitoring

An optional feature to continue monitoring after turning off the alarm would be great. So that if the device has not been moved within (configurable amount) minutes after the set alarm a safety alarm would go off.

763 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Sleep debt should be broken into deep sleep debt, REM debt, and overall

I can sleep 10 hours, with 20% deep sleep.
                            That's not really recovering, but SAA say's i should be ok.
                            Sleep debt should be tracked more detailed, or else, watching it becomes meaningless.

745 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                            • A button that you can press that notifies that you're sleeping with another person so the data can adjust accordingly

Because two nights a week I sleep with my boyfriend in the bed, my data is probably not accurate. Would be handy if there was a "not alone" button that put the data in another place, like another chart that shows how you sleep when with someone else in the bed.

742 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • Improve TAG with a TAG Manager

Improve TAG with a TAG Manager

[1] Edit a tag. For example if I have created a tag #tevelision and I want to correct it into #television, I can simply just do it with the edit function of the tag manager. Another user has already proposed this feature <http://goo.gl/wYNwTB> but the answer (use the search field to find the misspelled tag and correct it) is unthinkable if you have used the tag a lot of times.

[2] Remove a tag. If you remove a tag from the tag manager, it is removed from any previous records.

[3] Icon…

711 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • improve lucid dreaming and vibration

Hello to all! I am experienced practicioner of lucid dreaming and have some tips to SaA
                                  1. Vibration signals in "lucid dreaming" are very slow and shot. Not ever wants only sound signals, i prefer vibro signals, but here they are veary weak. It will be good to add customize for vibro, not only for "lucid dreaming", but for general alarm too.

2. The closer the morning, the greater efficiency of LD entering techniques. So it is prefer to skip first 3-4 hours of sleep and give signals then. Nowadays "lucid dreaming" option can give signal even in 30-40 minutes…

686 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • calendar integration (maybe Google calendar)

Many people work from home and only occasionally travel for meetings.

I set a standard get up time, but often need to be up early to make a journey.

It would be great if i could plan out my week in my calendar and the alarm would wake me in time to get up, ready and in time to catch my train or drive to the destination in my first calendar appointment.

This would be best if it worked out if i need to get up before my alarm, and ring it early but still wake me up at the…

655 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

UPDATE:
                                      with tomorrow new BETA we added new features:
                                      - sleep data will be written to all calendars which contain #sleep in name or with name sleep

- reschedule alarms – added range from 10 minutes up to 3 hours

- reschedule alarm per specific event based on #alarm tag in event title or description

see http://sleep.urbandroid.org/documentation/integration/google-calendar/

Hello, many thanks for all your ideas. We have just release a BETA version of SaA which implements first version of calendar integration.

- It allows to write your sleep times to the calendar (calendar needs to be called Sleep)

- skip alarms on public holidays

- reschedule alarms preceded with an calendar event to an earlier time, fixed at the moment: event time – 1 hour

• Smart Power-Nap

The creation of a feature inspired in this idea from thim.io :

power napping module

Shift workers, elite athletes, executives and students use power-naps to increase energy, concentration and performance.

The perfect power-nap should last for 10 minutes. Sleeping too little or too much will leave you feeling groggy after your nap. Exactly 10 minutes ensures you wake up refreshed and reinvigorated.

Alarms can only countdown time. They are unable to know when you have entered stage 1 sleep to begin counting down from 10 minutes. Thim knows when you've fallen asleep - to the minute. Providing you the perfect…

645 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Compatibility with wearable trackers

Extend wearable compatibility to include fitbit, jawbone and other non smartwatch wearable trackers

593 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello everyone, many thanks for suggesting the different devices. As we don’t have resources to integrate all of them we did just release an 3rd party API to integrate your favorite device with Sleep as Android for sleep tracking. The API is documented here: https://sites.google.com/site/sleepasandroid/doc/3rd-party-smart-watch-integration. You can either write your own integration or ask your device’s manufacturer if they are interested to write the integration on their side. Hopefully this will help get more devices integrated more quickly.Please let us know what you think..

• More detailed and coloured graphs

Could do with line graphs rather than the block graphs currently in use with more detailed information highlighting phases of light and deep sleep, potentially with a comparison against the user's average over time.

They could also do with more colour.

Generally the app is great. Just think the presentation could be smoother

570 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)